Cop’s militant so recorded statement: ‘join JeM’
Qayoom Khan
Srinagar, Jan 1: The operation between ‘fidayeen’ and government forces at CRPF camp in Pulwama district ended on Monday following the recovery of the body of another militant, police said.
In a pre-dawn strike, five CRPF men were killed while three others injured when heavily armed militants stormed the camp of the paramilitary force at Lethpora in Pulwama district on Sunday.
As reported already, five paramilitary CRPF men and two Jash-e-Mohammad militants were killed on Sunday.
The fidayeen carried out the attack at around 2:30 am on Sunday by opening indiscriminate fire and lobbed grenades inside the camp situated in Lethpora area of the district, official said.
“All the attackers later entered inside the training centre of CRPF 185 battalion and engaged the troops in a gun battle”, they said.
The 4-storey building consisted of 3 blocks and block-one was used for officer’s family accommodation, 2nd block as main office while block three as camp and it was targeted by militants.
Soon after the attack, reinforcement of army’s specialforces and SOG rushed to the spot and cordoned off the whole area amid fierce gunfight.
In the initial exchange of gunfight, three paramilitary CRPF were injured and one of them , Constable Sharief-ud-din Ganaie of Chadoora Budgam died at 92 Base hospital were all the injured were shifted.
The two injured constable, injured initially, Narender, who sustained bullet injuries on his calf muscle and Malve Samadhan (bullet injuries on his right shoulder) were admitted in the hospital and they are stated to be out of danger.
Later, four other personnel sustained bullet injuries and three of them— Tuafail Ahmed of Rajouri, Rajendra Nain of Churu Rajasthan and Pradeep Kr Panda succumbed to injuries while Kuldip Roy (inspector), a resident of Tikkar Khatrian HP, died of cardiac arrest.
Another injured personnel, Mala Ram, is recuperating in the 92-Base hospital, they said.
The two of the fidayeens of Jash-e-Mohammad, killed after storming a paramilitary CRPF camp, ha have been identified as Manzoor Ahmad Baba son of Ali Mohammad Baba of Drubgam Pulwama and Fardeen Ahmad Khanday son of Ghulam Mohammad Khanday, a serving police constable, resident of Nazeen Pora Tral.  The slain duo, they said, had joined militant ranks only three months ago.
Before the attack 16-year-old Khanday recorded a video message in which he talked about the plan to attack the paramilitary camp. The video is now viral and is being shared on WhatsApp and social media.
“God willing, when this message reaches you, I will already be a guest of my Lord in his heaven,” he said at the beginning of the eight-minute video, in which he urged other young people to join the JeM.
Officers said this is first time that a fidayeen or suicide attacker has recorded a provocative message like this before carrying out an attack.
Forces are analysing the video. “Yes it’s a cause for serious concern. At a time when we are trying to bring back local youth to the mainstream and many have already given up militancy and are returning to their families, this is certainly not a good sign,”  said a senior police officer.